Womb & man (draft editorial)

Wanna fly a plane? Virtually?!!!


Director Karen Cho, Peggy Cooke (The Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada), 
Martha Friendly (Childcare Resource and Research Unit) and Barbara Mills (Founder of Sisters in Solidarity and Domestic Violence Consultant, Advocate and Lecturer) will be in attendance for a discussion after the screening. This screening is a co-presentation with the National Film Board of Canada, The Childcare Resource and Research Unit, The Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada, and the
Philippine Women Centre of Ontario. The event is BY DONATION.

STATUS QUO? THE UNFINISHED BUSINESS OF FEMINISM IN CANADA
Karen Cho / CA / 2012 / 87 ' / English

http://www.cinemapolitica.org/screening/bloor/status-quo-unfinished-business-feminism-canada
http://www.cinemapolitica.org/screening/bloor/status-quo-unfinished-business-feminism-canada
First I was apprehensive. I donated my admission, women all staunch in their seats. I admit I was scared. I wast sure if I was going to be received with my hoodie and usual look. I decided to take a seat in the front which I felt might have been less conflictual.  Why did I feel that?
Tonight I went to a screening of a brilliant documentary on feminism at Bloor Theater.  The director Karen Cho, of this documentary was so refreshing to see this brilliant cultured young adult woman of Ethnic Quebecois Canadian roots, admit to an audience of women that she missed some pivotal point like most of her generation in her experience of making the film. Proudly acknowledges that 3rd world and women of color, their plight that eventually women world wide, particularly the middle white class who marched back in the 1968 could also come to grips with working together.The eerie Black & White broadcast footage of women that reminded me of my granny which literally put me back in a sort of virtual time travel.
The audience . A few late 20 somes, many with that deliberate bad half boy hair cut..many short haired women of a civil rights era .Very been there done that on the Canadian tip represented and damn they were fuckin amazing and so in tune "Whats up wit that" finally I felt at ease with my home girl.!
Another woman from the balcony, I heard an accent totally got my question as well as existentialist home girl and asked...what about the men?
Karen stated that, that was da money and she was even challenged with how to talk on the screen! Like if it was civil rights or gay and one can't say jack? She has defied that by making this doc an ALL WOMEN and yes let us look at how stupid and passive yet diplomatic in making that change. At least in Canada.
She went on to acknowledged men that do care ex. Filipino b boys mother taught them...

Men do not make children if they fit our nature many fetuses would have been to killed irresponsibly

Was very brilliant to finally get the straight up historically! I'm inspired to promote a 4 and a half star...nah 5 star ratin'! The director did her research and put a raw feeling I haven't felt in  long time with my mother..rest her soul a ingeniousness feminist born from the Great Depression era.. a chill in my spine of the past struggles She and little I lived to survive the sexism and racial bias fog, that has lessened, but needs to be reminded and re-educated today immediately!
The white middle class women of Canada
1-4 women are abused
Teach the son
Sexual protocol
What men need
Truth be told the image problem
The rates of abortion vs violence.
Interest in holocaust survival Morgentaler row vs wade
Pro choice woman's body rights
reproductive choices and rights
Child care is "UBIQUITOUS" http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ubiquitous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ku Klux Koon Klan: The Invisible Dark Empire 1965